This model and Operating System is not supported by Dell.
Recommended Hardware Upgrades
For Windows 8.1 you will need a processor that is compatible. As a general rule the dual core and quad core processors should be compatible and the P4 processor may not be compatible. Run the Intel Processor Identification Utility to confirm your CPU mode.
- WM543 Conroe XE X6800, 2.93GHz, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
- PN416 Conroe E6700, 2.66GHz, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
- KU345 Conroe E6600, 2.40GHz, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
- KN977 Conroe E6400, 2.13GHz, 2MB, 1066FSB, B2
- DT893 Conroe E6300, 1.86GHz, 2MB, 1066FSB, B2
Ensure that the BIOS Update is applied before replacing the CPU otherwise the system may not boot.
See this thread for more details.
SSD – Solid State Drives
- This unit accepts a 2.5″ Form Factor SATA SSD see Upgrading to a Solid State Drive
RAM – Random Access Memory 4 GB recommended
Refer to the Owner’s Manual when replacing parts.
- Dell System Software [Windows 7]
Install the registry file and then the audio driver. New untested.
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic [Variant B]
- Conexant D850 Driver
- Conexant D850 Utility
- Conexant D850 Application
- Conexant D850 Diagnostics Utility
Dell Media Card Reader with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200), Media Card Reader 19-1 with Integrated Bluetooth*
- Logitech Setpoint [Not all systems have a Dell/Logitech Keyboard]