OEM Licensing – Am I Licensed to Run Windows on My Device/Where is My Product Key?
Systems with the following stickers have a 25 digit Product Key embedded into the systems motherboard. Windows 10 Installation Media will automatically input it during installation selecting the correct Edition.
Older systems had a sticker which stated the Edition of Windows 7 and an affixed 25 Digit Product Key. This key can be used for a one-time initial activation of Windows 10 during which the systems hardware profile (motherboard details) is submitted to a Microsoft Product Activation Server. For any subsequent installation the Product Key may be skipped and the Device will Activate when online as the Microsoft Product Activation Server will remember the systems hardware profile.
|Edition of Windows 7||Edition of Windows 10 to Install|
Windows 10 Version 1903 (Slow Testing Track)
The Slow Track is a pre-release Windows 10 Build. It has went through the first phase of testing from Fast Track users but may be buggier than the Main Track as it is on the second phase of testing.
Windows 10 Version 1809 (Main Track)
Windows 7 and Windows 8.x Keys Work as Windows 10 Keys.
- Downloading Windows 10 Using the Media Creation Tool (Media for Clean Install, Repair and Upgrade)
- Downloading Windows 10 Using the Dell OS Recovery Tool (Media for Clean Installation Only – No English UK)
- Downloading Dell Support Assist OS Recovery (Media for Clean Installation Only – No English UK – Only English US No Other Languages)
- Downloading Older Builds of Windows 10 (Only Recommended if you have an issue with the newest build)
- Creating a Bootable USB within Windows
- Upgrading to the Latest Mainstream Build of Windows 10
- Removing the Windows Old Folder to Free Up Space (Optional)
- Performing A Clean Install of Windows 10
Securely Wiping your Devices Drives (SSD/HSSD/HDD)
- Wiping your Device from it’s UEFI BIOS Setup
- Using Parted Magic to Securely Wipe your Device
Creating an Image of your Windows Installation and Recovering from it
System Drivers – OEM Driver Update Utilities
- Dell Update/Dell Command for Windows 10
- Lenovo System Update for Windows 10
- HP Support Assist for Windows 10 (Link)
- Intel Driver & Support Assistant
- Touchpad Drivers (2009-2015 Systems)
This Windows Version is obsolete and has a very low usage/support base, you are better to clean install Windows 10 on your Device Instead.
This version of Windows Reaches End of Life in January 2020.
- Download Dell Windows 7 Pro Multi-Lingual ISO (Media Refresh January 2016) from Dell and Make a Bootable USB
- Dell OS Recovery Tool ISO Checksums
- [64 Bit] Slipstream Updates (Media Refresh March 2019) and Drivers to the Dell Windows 7 Pro Bootable USB
- [32 Bit] Slipstreaming Updates (Media Refresh March 2019) and Drivers to the Dell Windows 7 Pro Bootable USB
- Convert Dell Windows 7 Pro Bootable USB to another Edition e.g. Dell Windows 7 Home Premium
- Convert Dell Windows 7 Pro Multi-Lingual Dell Bootable USB to a Microsoft Multi-Lingual, Multi-Edition Retail or non-Dell USB (Covering all Retail and non-Dell OEM Licenses)
- Convert Updated Bootable USB to a ISO
- Standalone Updates for Windows 7
- Installing Windows 7 Pro in a Virtual Machine (Downgrade Rights)
- Converting a Physical Windows 7 Pro Machine Into a Windows 7 Pro Virtual Machine (Downgrade Rights)
The Last Dell
- The Dell OptiPlex 7040
- The Dell OptiPlex 3040
This Version of Windows Reached End of Life in April 2014. If you need for a specialist application you are best to create an Offline Virtual Machine.
- The Dell Windows XP Reinstallation CD/DVD
- Dell Media Direct [A Small Subset of Dell Systems Only]
- The Royale and Royale Noir Theme
Virtualisation of Windows XP
- Installing Windows XP Pro in a Virtual machine
- Convert a Windows XP Physical Machine into a Virtual Machine
The Last Dell
- The Dell OptiPlex 7010
- The Dell OptiPlex 3010
- Checking Hardware IDs
- Driver Installation Order
- Downloading Drivers from Dell and Unofficial Driver Sets