Upgrading to a Solid State Drive (SSD)
OEM Licensing – Am I Licensed to Run Windows on My Device/Where is My Product Key?
Windows 8.1 OEM and Windows 10 OEM Product Keys
Windows 8.1/10 Home OEM Product Key and Windows 7/8/10 Pro Retail or Windows 10 Education Key
Windows 7 OEM Product Keys
Windows XP OEM and Windows Vista OEM Product Keys
Windows 10 Version 1903 (Build 18362 Main Track)
- Upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1903 from an Older Build of Windows 7/8.x/10 Using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant
Creating Installation Media
- Downloading Windows 10 Version 1903 from Microsoft and Making a Bootable USB on a Windows PC or Linux PC (Media for Clean Install, Repair and Upgrade)
- A Clean Install of Windows 10 Version 1903
Windows 10 Older Builds
Older Builds of Windows 10 are only available as Direct Download Links however should only be used in the rare cases where one has a problem.
Windows 10 Installation Media from Dell
It is not recommended to use Windows 10 Installation Media from Dell. Dell Windows 10 Installation Media has several limitations for instance he inability to install English (UK), does not include additional drivers and is usually out of date compared to Installation Media Available from Microsoft.
Securely Wiping your Devices Drives (SSD/HSSD/HDD)
- Wiping your Device from it’s UEFI BIOS Setup
- Using Parted Magic to Securely Wipe your Device
Creating an Image of your Windows Installation and Recovering from it
System Drivers – OEM Driver Update Utilities
- Dell Update/Dell Command Update for Windows 10
- Lenovo System Update for Windows 10
- HP Support Assist for Windows 10 (Link)
- Intel Driver & Support Assistant
- Touchpad Drivers (2009-2015 Systems)
This Windows Version is obsolete and has a very low usage/support base, you are better to clean install Windows 10 on your Device Instead.
This version of Windows Reaches End of Life in January 2020.
- Download Dell Windows 7 Pro Multi-Lingual ISO (Media Refresh January 2016) from Dell and Make a Bootable USB
- Dell OS Recovery Tool ISO Checksums
- [64 Bit] Slipstream Updates (Media Refresh March 2019) and Drivers to the Dell Windows 7 Pro Bootable USB
- [32 Bit] Slipstreaming Updates (Media Refresh March 2019) and Drivers to the Dell Windows 7 Pro Bootable USB
- Convert Dell Windows 7 Pro Bootable USB to another Edition e.g. Dell Windows 7 Home Premium
- Convert Dell Windows 7 Pro Multi-Lingual Dell Bootable USB to a Microsoft Multi-Lingual, Multi-Edition Retail or non-Dell USB (Covering all Retail and non-Dell OEM Licenses)
- Installing 3rd Party Software Using the OEM Folder, the OOBE Script and RunOnce Commands (Advanced)
- Convert Updated Bootable USB to a ISO
- Standalone Updates for Windows 7
- Installing Windows 7 Pro in a Virtual Machine (Downgrade Rights)
- Converting a Physical Windows 7 Pro Machine Into a Windows 7 Pro Virtual Machine (Downgrade Rights)
The Last Dell
- The Dell OptiPlex 7040
- The Dell OptiPlex 3040
This Version of Windows Reached End of Life in April 2017. It wasn’t a very popular Version of Windows and pretty much all Windows Vista compatible software ran better on Windows 7.
- [Legacy] Downloading Windows Vista
This Version of Windows Reached End of Life in April 2014. If you need for a specialist application you are best to create an Offline Virtual Machine.
- The Dell Windows XP Reinstallation CD/DVD
- Dell Media Direct [A Small Subset of Dell Systems Only]
- The Royale and Royale Noir Theme
Virtualisation of Windows XP
- Installing Windows XP Pro in a Virtual machine
- Convert a Windows XP Physical Machine into a Virtual Machine
The Last Dell
- The Dell OptiPlex 7010
- The Dell OptiPlex 3010
- Checking Hardware IDs
- Driver Installation Order
- Downloading Drivers from Dell and Unofficial Driver Sets