It is not advised to spend too much money upgrading this over a decade 2008 system, as it is cheaper to purchase a more capable Second Hand Business Desktop than a new OS License. This PC can run Windows 7 64 Bit pretty well. It can run Windows 10 64 Bit if this PC has enough RAM (>4 GB) and a SSD. Without the SSD it may run but poorly as the Hard Drive is cranked up to continuous 100 % Disc Usage.
Solid State Drive 3.5 “
Upgrading to a Solid State Drive
This system supports 8 GB of RAM 2×(2×2 GB Modules)
amazon.com Crucial CT2KIT25664AA800
amazon.co.uk Crucial CT2KIT25664AA800
This model and Operating System is not supported by Dell.
If you have previously bought a Windows 7 Retail or Windows 8.x Retail License then your key will work with Windows 10. If you were an early adopter and had activated your system with Windows 10 Insider Build 10130 you can clean install Windows 10 Pro without a Product Key.
I advise installing Windows 10 without a Product Key before buying a License which will give you time to evaluate it. With Windows 10 there is no trial, instead your Desktop and Settings will be watermarked and you will be unable to personalise some user settings but otherwise it’ll be fully functional. You can also activate Windows 10 with a Windows 7 Key or Windows 8.x Key.
- ATI AutoUpdate [Variant A]
- nVidea AutoUpdate [Variant B]
- Conexant D850 Driver
- Conexant D850 Utility
- Conexant D850 Application
- Conexant D850 Diagnostics Utility
- Realtek RTL81XX PCI-E Network Connection [Variant A]
- Intel 825xx Gigabit Platform LAN Network Device [Variant B]
- Dell Wireless Cards [Variant A]
- ASUS WL-138g PCI WLAN Card [Variant B]
For Windows 8.1 the audio driver is inbuilt to the OS and the registry file or older Sigmatel Driver should not be installed.
Install the registry file and then the audio driver. New untested.
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer [Variant B]
Dell Media Card Reader with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200), Media Card Reader 19-1 with Integrated Bluetooth*
- Logitech Setpoint [Not all systems have a Dell/Logitech Keyboard]