This model and Operating System is not supported by Dell.
Recommended Hardware Upgrades
SSD – Solid State Drives
- This unit accepts a 2.5″ Form Factor SATA SSD see Upgrading to a Solid State Drive
It is recommended to upgrade it to 4 GB of RAM:
Refer to the Service Manual when performing hardware upgrades.
Note some users have reported that the BIOS will not update in Windows 7/8.1 64 Bit so ensure that you have updated the BIOS using Windows Vista/7 32 Bit before upgrading (see here).
Windows 7 and 8.1 are now obsolete if you have these Operating Systems you should use them to take the Free Upgrade to Windows 10.
If you don’t have a Windows 7/8.1 license you have until the 2nd of October 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10 for free using the Windows 10 Insider 10130 as a stepping stone. See Free Upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10 (also works with Windows XP).
- Dell System Software [Windows 7 Only]
Try in order latest first, if it doesn’t work try for an older version.
* Taken from Czech Realtek Unofficial Driver website. See instructions for using the Realtek Unofficial Czech Website.
No Dell Quickset for the 64 Bit version of Windows but Dell Control Point is reported to work on this system and carries out the functions of Dell Quickset.
- R312259 Dell Control Point A21. Version 1.7.10000 Update Package Windows 7 64 bit
- R301919 Dell Control Point A19, Version 1.7.00000 Hard Drive Version Windows 7 64 bit