This model and Operating System is not supported by Dell.
SSD – Solid State Drives
- This unit accepts a 2,5″ Form Factor SATA SSD see Upgrading to a Solid State Drive
RAM – Random Access Memory
Its recommended to upgrade to 4 GB of RAM:
Check what form factor you have before upgrading.
In addition to upgrade the video card:
- HD 5450 http://www.dabs.com/products/best-value-vtx3d-amd-radeon-5450-hd-2gb-pci-express-hdmi-silent-8Z7H.html?refs=449110000&src=2
Refer to the User’s Guide when upgrading components.
Windows 7 and 8.1 are now obsolete if you have these Operating Systems you should use them to take the Free Upgrade to Windows 10.
If you don’t have a Windows 7/8.1 license you have until the 2nd of October 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10 for free using the Windows 10 Insider 10130 as a stepping stone. See Free Upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10 (also works with Windows XP).
- Dell System Software [Windows 7]
- Conexant D850 Driver
- Conexant D850 Utility
- Conexant D850 Application
- Conexant D850 Diagnostics Utility
Most of these systems won’t have a modem.
- Broadcom Inbuilt to Windows 7 [Variant A]
Dell Backup and Recovery
Note this system won’t be able to boot from a Rescue Disk (external hard drive) so make a Factory Backup (Bootable USB Flash Drive).