This model and Operating System is not supported by Dell.
SSD – Solid State Drives
- This unit accepts a 2.5″ Form Factor SATA SSD see Upgrading to a Solid State Drive
It is recommended to upgrade it to 4 GB of RAM.
- Crucial Part: http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/Dell-memory/Inspiron+Laptops%2fNotebooks/Inspiron+1420-upgrades.html
Refer to the Owner’s Manual when replacing parts.
This is a Media Direct system and the Media Direct partition should be setup before installing Windows 7 see Preparing your Hard Drive: Setting Up Media Direct.
- Unofficial Free Upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10 (also works with Windows XP).
- WSUS Offline Update (Windows 7/8.1 only)
- Dell System Software (Windows 7 only)
- Conexant Modem D330 Driver (Windows 7/8.1 only)
- Conexant Modem Application (Windows 7/8.1 only)
- Conexant Modem Diagnostics (Windows 7/8.1 only)
- Conexant Modem Utility (Windows 7/8.1 only)
- Conexant Modem HTML (Windows 7/8.1 only)
Try in order latest first, if it doesn’t work try for an older version.
- Sigmatel Audio Registry File (Windows 7 only)
- Sigmatel Audio (Windows 7 only)
- Sigmatel Audio (Windows 7 only new)
- Dell Quickset
- Windows Live Essentials 2012 – Movie Maker (Ignore the installation of OneDrive, Skype and Messenger)
- Microsoft Mathematics
- Debut Video Capture – Webcam and Screen Capture
Media Direct Updates
* Requires installation of the Media Direct program.