This system is a 2007 system and with some push can run Windows 7 64 Bit. It is not Windows 10 64 Bit Capable due to elevated Processor Requirements. It is not advised to spend any money upgrading this system, as it is cheaper to purchase a more capable Second Hand Business Desktop.
Operating System License
Windows 7 is no longer for sale and it is not recommended to run Windows 10 on this model.
This system supports 4 GB of RAM 2×(2×2 GB Modules)
amazon.com Crucial CT2KIT25664AA800
amazon.co.uk Crucial CT2KIT25664AA800
The following Processors meet the Elevated Requirements for Windows 8.1 64 Bit and Later:
- E6600 2.4GHz dual core
- E6700 2.66GHz dual core
- Q6600 2.4GHz quad core
- QX6700 2.66GHz quad core
- QX6800 3.0GHz quad core
- ATI AutoUpdate [Variant A]
- nVidea AutoUpdate [Variant B]
- Sigmatel [Variant A]
Install the registry file and then the audio driver. New untested.
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic [Variant B]
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer [Variant C]
- Dell Wireless Cards [Variant A]
Dell Media Card Reader with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200), Media Card Reader 19-1 with Integrated Bluetooth*
- Logitech Setpoint [Not all systems have a Dell/Logitech Keyboard]
One thought on “XPS 720 – Windows 7 and 8.1 64 Bit”
Not true. I have xps720 with ssd disc and its work very well