This system is a 2006 system and with some push can run Windows 7 64 Bit. Not all of these are Windows 10 64 Bit Capable due to elevated Processor Requirements (the ones that are will run Windows 10 poorly). It is not advised to spend any money upgrading this system, as it is cheaper to purchase a more capable Second Hand Business Desktop.
Operating System License
Windows 7 is no longer for sale and it is not recommended to run Windows 10 on this model.
This system supports 4 GB of RAM 2×(2×12 GB Modules)
Solid State Drive 3.5 “
The following Processors meet the Elevated Requirements for Windows 8.1 64 Bit and Later:
- DU362 Conroe E6300, 1.86GHz, 2MB, 1066FSB, L2
- DT893 Conroe E6300, 1.86GHz, 2MB, 1066FSB, B2
- DX485 Conroe E6320, 1.86GHz, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
- DX483 Conroe E4400, 2.00GHz, 2MB, 800FSB, L2
- KN977 Conroe E6400, 2.13GHz, 2MB, 1066FSB, B2
- DU361 Conroe E6400, 2.13GHz, 2MB, 1066FSB, L2
- DX484 Conroe E6420, 2.13GHz, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
- KU345 Conroe E6600, 2.4GHz, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
- PN416 Conroe E6700, 2.66GHz, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
- HU585 Kentsfield Quad Core Q6600, 2.4GHz, 8MB, 1066FSB, B3
- UP673 Kentsfield Quad Core QX6700, 2.66GHz, 8MB, 1066FSB, B3
- WM543 Conroe XE X6800, 2.93GHz, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
Refer to the Service Manual when replacing hardware.
Install the registry file and then the audio driver. New untested.
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic [Variant B]
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer [Variant C]
Dell Media Card Reader with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200), Media Card Reader 19-1 with Integrated Bluetooth*
- Logitech Setpoint [Not all systems have a Dell/Logitech Keyboard]