It is not advised to spend too much money upgrading this over a decade 2008 system, as it is cheaper to purchase a more capable Second Hand Business Desktop than a new OS License. This PC can run Windows 7 64 Bit pretty well. It can run Windows 10 64 Bit if this PC has enough RAM (>4 GB) and a SSD. Without the SSD it may run but poorly as the Hard Drive is cranked up to continuous 100 % Disc Usage.
Solid State Drive 3.5 “
Upgrading to a Solid State Drive
If you have previously bought a Windows 7 Retail or Windows 8.x Retail License then your key will work with Windows 10. If you were an early adopter and had activated your system with Windows 10 Insider Build 10130 you can clean install Windows 10 Pro without a Product Key.
I advise installing Windows 10 without a Product Key before buying a License which will give you time to evaluate it. With Windows 10 there is no trial, instead your Desktop and Settings will be watermarked and you will be unable to personalise some user settings but otherwise it’ll be fully functional. You can also activate Windows 10 with a Windows 7 Key or Windows 8.x Key.
Modems are obsolete not all of these models were shipped with modems, if the driver fails to install ignore the others.
- AMD: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx [Variant A]
- nVidia: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk [Variant B]
Select your nVidea or ATI graphics card and get the latest driver direct from the vendor.
- Realtek ALC887/888 [Variant A]*
- Creative Sound Blaster Xi-Fi Titatium [Variant B]
- Creative Sound Blaster Xi-F Xtreme [Variant C]
* See instructions for using the Unofficial Realtek Czech drivers website.
Dell Media Card Reader with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200), Media Card
Reader 19-1 with Integrated Bluetooth*
- Logitech Setpoint [Not all systems have a Dell/Logitech Keyboard]
One thought on “XPS 435MT – Windows 7 and 10 64 Bit”