Windows 7 is supported by Dell on this model and Dell's latest drivers can be found here. I have rearranged them in installation order for convenience. These drivers will also work for Windows 8.1 64 Bit and Windows 10 64 Bit but the newer OS will have drivers inbuilt.
SSD – Solid State Drives
- This unit accepts a 2,5″ Form Factor SATA SSD see Upgrading to a Solid State Drive
RAM – Random Access Memory
Its recommended to upgrade to 8 GB of RAM:
- Crucial Part: http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Dell/optiplex-760-series-%28desktop%2C-mini-tower-and-small-form-factor%29
Check what form factor you have before upgrading.
In addition to upgrade the video card:
- HD 5450 http://www.dabs.com/products/best-value-vtx3d-amd-radeon-5450-hd-2gb-pci-express-hdmi-silent-8Z7H.html?refs=449110000&src=2
Refer to the Service Manual when upgrading components.
- Dell System Software [Windows 7]
- Intel Chipset Installation Utility
- Intel ME5 Host Embedded Controller Interface Driver
- Intel AMT SOL / LMS
- Intel AMT HECI
- Intel Matrix Storage Manager [Windows 7]
- Intel Q43/Q45/G43/G45 Graphics Controller [Variant A]
- ATI/AMD AutoUpdate [Variant B]
- Conexant D850 Driver
- Conexant D850 Utility
- Conexant D850 Application
- Conexant D850 Diagnostics Utility
Most of these systems won’t have a modem.
- Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18713&keyword=PROWinx64&lang=eng Variant [B]
Dell Media Card Reader with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200), Media Card
Reader 19-1 with Integrated Bluetooth*
Not all units have a card reader.
One thought on “OptiPlex 760 – Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 64 Bit”