This system is a 2006 system and with some push can run Windows 7 64 Bit. Not all of these are Windows 10 64 Bit Capable due to elevated Processor Requirements (the ones that are will run Windows 10 poorly). The hardware of the Dimension 9200c and the XPS 210 are identical. It is not advised to spend any money upgrading this system, as it is cheaper to purchase a more capable Second Hand Business Desktop.
Operating System License
Windows 7 is no longer for sale and it is not recommended to run Windows 10 on this model.
This system supports 4 GB of RAM 2×(2×1 GB Modules)
Unofficially 8 GB 2×(2×2 GB Modules) works.
Solid State Drive 3.5 "
The following Processors meet the Elevated Requirements for Windows 8.1 64 Bit and Later:
- HU587 Conroe E4300, 1.80G, 2MB, 800FSB, L2
- DX483 Conroe E4400, 2.00G, 2MB, 800FSB, L2
- RX522 Conroe E4400, 2.00G, 2MB, 800FSB, M0
- DT893 Conroe E6300, 1.86G, 2MB, 1066FSB, B2
- DU362 Conroe E6300, 1.86G, 2MB, 1066FSB, L2
- DX485 Conroe E6320, 1.86G, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
- DU361 Conroe E6400, 2.13G, 2MB, 1066FSB, L2
- KN977 Conroe E6400, 2.13G, 2MB, 1066FSB, B2
- DX484 Conroe E6420, 2.13G, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
- KU345 Conroe E6600, 2.40G, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
- PN416 Conroe E6700, 2.66G, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
- HU585 Kentsfield Quad Core Q6600, 2.40G, 8MB, 1066FSB, B30
- MP626 Kentsfield Quad Core Q6600, 2.40G, 8MB, 1066FSB, G0
- Intel Q963/Q965/G965 Graphics Adapter [Variant A]
- ATI AutoUpdate [Variant B]
- nVidea AutoUpdate [Variant C]
For Windows 8.1 the audio driver is inbuilt to the OS and the registry file or older Sigmatel Driver should not be installed.
Install the registry file and then the audio driver. New untested.
Dell Media Card Reader with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200), Media Card Reader 19-1 with Integrated Bluetooth*
- Logitech Setpoint [Not all systems have a Dell/Logitech Keyboard]