This system is a 2005 system and with some push can run Windows 7 32 Bit. It is not advised to spend any money upgrading this system, as it is cheaper to purchase a more capable Second Hand Business Desktop.
Operating System License
Windows 7 is no longer for sale and it is not recommended to run Windows 10 on this model.
This system supports 8 GB of RAM 2×(2×2 GB Modules). The 32 Bit OS maxes out at 4 GB.
amazon.com Crucial CT2KIT25664AA800
amazon.co.uk Crucial CT2KIT25664AA800
Solid State Drive 3.5 "
Upgrading to a Solid State Drive
- Intel 82945G [Variant A]
- nVidea AutoUpdate [Variant B]
- Conexant D850 Driver [Variant A]
- Conexant D850 Utility [Variant A]
- Conexant D850 Application [Variant A]
- Conexant D850 Diagnostics Utility [Variant A]
- Intel 537E [Variant B – No Driver]
For Windows 8.1 the audio driver is inbuilt to the OS and the registry file or older Sigmatel Driver should not be installed.
- Sigmatel [Variant A]
Install the registry file and then the audio driver. New untested.
- Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music [Variant B]
Dell Media Card Reader with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200), Media Card Reader 19-1 with Integrated Bluetooth*
- Logitech Setpoint [Not all systems have a Dell/Logitech Keyboard]