This model and Operating System is not supported by Dell.
Recommended Hardware Upgrades
For Windows 8.1 you will need a processor that is compatible. As a general rule the dual core and quad core processors should be compatible and the P4 processor may not be compatible. Run the Intel Processor Identification Utility to confirm your CPU model.
- E6600 2.4GHz dual core
- E6700 2.66GHz dual core
- Q6600 2.4GHz quad core
- QX6700 2.66GHz quad core
- QX6800 3.0GHz quad core
Ensure that the BIOS Update is applied before replacing the CPU otherwise the system may not boot.
See this thread for more information.
SSD – Solid State Drives
- This unit accepts a 2.5″ Form Factor SATA SSD see Upgrading to a Solid State Drive
RAM – Random Access Memory 8 GB recommended
Refer to the Owner’s Manual when Replacing Parts.
- Dell System Software [Windows 7]
Install the registry file and then the audio driver. New untested.
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic [Variant B]
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer [Variant C]
- Dell Wireless Cards [Variant A]
Dell Media Card Reader with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200), Media Card Reader 19-1 with Integrated Bluetooth*
- Logitech Setpoint [Not all systems have a Dell/Logitech Keyboard]