This model and Operating System is not supported by Dell.
Recommended hardware Upgrades
SSD – Solid State Drives
- This unit accepts a 2.5″ Form Factor SATA SSD see Upgrading to a Solid State Drive
It is recommended to upgrade it to 4-8 GB of RAM (8 GB Unofficial):
- Crucial Part 4 GB (2×2×1 GB) http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/Dell-memory/Vostro+Desktops/Vostro+200+Mini+Tower-upgrades.html
- Crucial Part 8 GB (2×2×2 GB) http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=CT2KIT25664AA800
Refer to the Owner’s Manual when adding/removing parts:
Windows 7 and 8.1 are now obsolete if you have these Operating Systems you should use them to take the Free Upgrade to Windows 10.
If you don’t have a Windows 7/8.1 license you have until the 2nd of October 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10 for free using the Windows 10 Insider 10130 as a stepping stone. See Free Upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10 (also works with Windows XP).
- Dell System Software [Windows 7 Only]
- Conexant D850 Driver
- Conexant D850 Utility
- Conexant D850 Application
- Conexant D850 Diagnostics Utility
* Taken from Czech Realtek Unofficial Driver website. See instructions for using the Realtek Unofficial Czech Website.
Dell Media Card Reader with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200), Media Card
Reader 19-1 with Integrated Bluetooth*
- Logitech Setpoint [Not all systems have a Dell/Logitech Keyboard]
Dell Backup and Recovery
Note this system won’t be able to boot from a Rescue Disk (external hard drive) so make a Factory Backup (Bootable USB Flash Drive).