This model and Operating System is not supported by Dell.
Recommended Hardware Upgrades
SSD – Solid State Drives
- This unit accepts a 2.5″ Form Factor SATA SSD see Upgrading to a Solid State Drive
It is recommended to upgrade it to 4 GB of RAM.
- Crucial Part: http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/Dell-memory/Inspiron+Laptops%2fNotebooks/Inspiron+1525-upgrades.html
Refer to the Service Manual when replacing parts.
Unofficial Free Upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10 (also works with Windows XP).
- WSUS Offline Update (Windows 7/8.1 only)
- Dell System Software (Windows 7 only)
- Intel 945GM (Windows 7/8.1 only)
- Conexant Modem D330 Driver (Windows 7/8.1 only)
- Conexant Modem Application (Windows 7/8.1 only)
- Conexant Modem Diagnostics (Windows 7/8.1 only)
- Conexant Modem Utility (Windows 7/8.1 only)
- Conexant Modem HTML (Windows 7/8.1 only)
Try in order latest first, if it doesn’t work try for an older version.
For Windows 8.1 the audio driver is inbuilt to the OS and the registry file or older SigMatel Driver should not be installed.
- Sigmatel Audio Registry File (Windows 7 only)
- Sigmatel Audio (Windows 7 only)
- Sigmatel Audio (Windows 7 only new)
Install the registry file and then the audio driver. New untested.
- Dell Quickset (Windows 7 only)
- Windows Live Essentials 2012 – Movie Maker (Ignore the installation of OneDrive, Skype and Messenger)
- Debut Video Capture – Webcam and Screen Capture